Student Travel Grant Applications
The International Advisory Committee (IAC) of the International Teletraffic Congress has again decided to offer several student “travel” grants (STG) to support full-time students for attending ITC 32. The amount of each grant will depend on the number of applications.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the purpose of the STG has been modified since no travel is expected, and the criteria have been updated accordingly. Consequently, STGs can be only used for reimbursing the registration fee at full rate of the student.
Conditions for STG applications are as follows:
- The Applicant should be a full-time student (MSc or PhD).
- The Applicant should be the author AND the presenter of a paper at ITC 32 (any type of session)
- The Applicant should register at full-registration rate (NOT Student rate)
The STG Application process is open from August 15, 2020 until September 4, 2020. To apply, visit https://edas.info/G.php?g=646.
The application of the Student should include:
- a short resume, indicating the student affiliation, the name of the advisor and the topic of the applicant’s research for his/her MSc/PhD.
- the title and co-authors of the paper to be presented at ITC 32 by the applicant
- the registration receipt/number
The advisor of the student must also submit an advisor’s recommendation stating how the applicant’s research areas meet the scope of ITC.
If selected, the STG will be paid after ITC 32 once the paper has been presented by the student. In the case the STG recipient is not able to present his/her paper, the STG will be cancelled.
- Application process opening: August 15, 2020.
- Application submission deadline: September 4, 2020
- Recommendation submission deadline: September 11, 2020
- Decision/notification: September 15, 2020
- STG Payment: from September 28, 2020
Chair: Prosper Chemouil, Cnam, France
György Dán, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Hans van den Berg, TNO, the Netherlands